CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 31, 2011

I love teaching techniques!

Hi Stampers! I hope that everyone has had a wonderful weekend. Mine started with a fun night of stamping with a great group of ladies who make up my hostess club. I am blessed to have such a sweet group to stamp with. I really enjoy them! We focus on two different techniques at each meeting and make two projects using the new techniques. It wasn't intentional, but we used A LOT of glitter this time!
Here is our first card. It uses a technique called "Glitter Window". This technique is nice if you want lots of sparkle on a certain area of your card and you want it to stay on the card and not get all over everything! To do this technique, you punch a hole in your cardstock and then place a piece of clear packing tape on the back of the card so that the sticky side completely covers the punched hole. Then sprinkle glitter over it and you're done! The "bride" heart is done using this technique. This card is an anniversary card, but it would work just as well for a wedding. I have seen this card done many times and I'm not sure who had the original idea, but it wasn't me. Hehe!
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black marker, Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: Big Shot, Elegant Lines embossing folder, Large Heart punch, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Whisper White 3/8" taffeta ribbon, Champagne Mist shimmer paint (in homemade shimmer spray)
Technique: Glitter Window
This is the second card that we made. I really liked how it turned out. It is a nice girly card. It is a little bit hard to see in the picture, but I used the Fancy Fan letterpress plate to make the background. This is the first letterpress plate that I have purchased and I was a little unsure of them at first, but I really like the subtle color contrast and texture that it gives. The technique on this card is the paper piecing technique. I used it to color in the cupcake. To do this technique, you stamp the entire image first and then you stamp pieces of it on colored cardstock or DSP and cut it out and adhere it over the original stamped image. For the cupcake, the frosting is a piece of Blushing Bride DSP, the cupcake liner is Melon Mambo cardstock, and the cake stand is Brushed Silver cardstock. The string of pearls gives it an extra special feel.
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Delightful Dozen, Easy Events (can't stop using it!)
Paper: Melon Mambo, Bluching Bride, Whisper White, Brushed Silver, Blushing Bride DSP (from retired hostess pack)
Ink: Stazon, Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, Whisper White (Craft)
Accessories: Big Shot, Fancy Fan Letterpress Plate, 1 3/8" Circle punch, 1 3/4" Scalloped Circle punch, 2-way glue pen, Melon Mambo Scalloped Dots ribbon, stampin' sponge
Techniques: Paper Piecing, Sponging
CASE of this card
Thanks for stopping by! I am really making an effort to post more regularly, so be sure to check back soon to see what I've been working on!
~Marla
Pin It

2 comments:

Rita W

I love them both, Marla! Great job. I LOVE the cupcake done like that. I might need to try that!

Kim P

Great cards...really like the tip on the glitter heart!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...