CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Sounding Joy

Hello again!

Two postings in two days! Don't any of you go into shock! I'm trying to do better about stamping at least two or three days a week and stamping for fun more often (instead of just when I'm prepping for an event). I am loving all of the challenge sites out there. They are really great. I made this card for two different challenges- Freshly Made Sketches and Hand Stamped Sentiments. I haven't played along with Hand Stamped Sentiments before, but when I saw that this weeks challenge was to use embossing, I had to do it. I love embossing of all types. Nothing gives a card that WOW effect like embossing. I used two types of embossing on this card- dry embossing and heat embossing. I tried something that I had never done before on this card. I sponged the edges of the image panel using Versa Mark ink and then sprinkled silver embossing powder over the sponged ink and heat set it. I really like the effect that it gave. I don't think that I have ever seen this done before, but decided to try it because sponging with classic ink just didn't do it for this card.

I used a brand new stamp set, The Sounding Joy, on this card. It is in the holiday mini catalog and it arrived on my doorstep just about two hours ago. This has to be a new record for how quickly I made a card with a new stamp set! I also used another holiday mini item- the Snow Burst embossing folder. I love the super deep impressions that it makes!



Stampin' Up Supplies Used:
Stamps: The Sounding Joy
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Brushed Silver, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Not Quite Navy (for sponging the edges of the stars), Baja Breeze, Versa Mark
Accessories: Big Shot, Show Burst embossing folder, heat tool, silver embossing powder, sponge
Techniques: Heat Embossing, Dry Embossing, sponging

I hope that you liked this card! If you need some inspiration, check out the challenge sites that I linked above. Have a great day!

~Marla

Pin It

16 comments:

Linda Callahan

The silver embossing is so elegant! Love how used it to frame your sentiment! This is a beautiful holiday card! So glad you joined us at Freshly made Sketches!

Shannon

Love the silver embossing on top of the Baja Breeze star. Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Jess S

love this, so classy :)

Tui Nathan

Wow Marla ... this is a stunning piece of work ... I have not seen embossed edges before and it really creates a lovely elegant feel to your beautiful card!
Thank you for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Karen

Very elegant Marla! Love the addition of the stars. Just the right touch.

Rita W

Love this, Marla! I love the silver with the blues; that Baja Breeze star is beautiful in itself, but the embossing over it just adds so much! I love the brushed silver embossed panel too (why don't I have pretty silver paper?). Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches. :)

Sue

Great card!

inkedx2

Love your nontraditional colors you used. Makes a great Christmas card with a fresh look. So glad you played with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie

Jen Mitchell

This is so elegeant! I love the silver sentiment stamped on top of the blue star. And the silver embossing on the edges is a nice touch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Krista

I just bought this set to use for my Christmas cards this year. I love your color combo! And the embossing is fabulous....I especially like the embossing on the stars and the way you left a little color showing through. So nice!! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Lesley

Oh wow, I just love this gorgeous card! This is one set I keep eyeing up for sure! Love the embossing and the colours. Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Nance Leedy

Oh this is beautiful, Marla! Love the colors and adore the embossed sentiment over the star! The embossed edges are and elegant touch! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Bada-Bing Creations

Marla! I absolutely LOVE your card. I love how the star image is so soft and then the embossing on top just sets it off! I also love the way you used the embossing folder! Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiment!

None None

What a gorgeous card, Marla! I love this stamp set and it will be one of my go-to sets this year and in future years for holiday cards, I'm sure. The silver paper is a knock out!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper

Oh Marla, this is beautiful! What a classy Christmas card! I love the colour combo too:) Thanks so much for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week, and we hope to see you again next week!

Anne Marie Hile

Mrla, this is a stunning Christmas card! I love the color combo and that silver embossing is such an elegant touch. Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...