CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Let's Hear It for the Girls!

Hello again! I had my annual feminine card class yesterday and wanted to share the cards we made with you. I was really happy with the cards and my guests seemed to like them a lot too. I hope you will as well! We made five different designs yesterday, but I am only sharing four of them today. The fifth one I am saving to share during the May edition of the Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop, which is coming up on Thursday, May 3rd. Be sure to check back then to see the fifth card!

The first card is a birthday pinwheel card. I have been seeing these cards pretty often, but I thought they looked complicated and was afraid to give one a try, but then I saw this video made by Dawn Olchefske, and I realized that they aren't difficult at all. This is a copy of her card. It uses the Sweet Shop DSP that is available in the Occasions mini until April 30th. It is awesome paper for making birthday cards. If you want this paper, don't wait! It is only available for a few more days.


Stampin' Up Supplies Used:
Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Paper: Soft Suede CS, Pool Party CS, Calypso Coral CS, Whisper White CS, Sweet Shop DSP
Ink: Calypso Coral
Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Adorning Accents EF, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Everyday Enchantment brads (SAB-retired)
Technique: Faux Pinwheel
My inspiration: this card made by Dawn Olchefske

The next card uses the Bright Blossoms stamp set and the coordinating Summer Smooches DSP. These products will be in the new 2012-2013 Stampin' Up Catalog, but they are available during the month of April as a preview. For more information, click on the Summer Smooches button in the left sidebar. I love the bright colors featured in this suite of products! I designed this card myself using this old sketch on the Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog.


Stampin' Up Supplies Used:
Stamps: Bright Blossoms, Friendly Phrases
Paper: Rich Razzleberry CS, Tempting Turquoise CS, Real Red CS, Daffodil Delight CS, Whisper White CS, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots EF, 1 1/4" Circle punch, 1" Circle punch, Bright Buttons, Basic pearls

This card uses the Precious Butterflies stamp set, which will be retiring on May 31st. This is another card that was inspired by a sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. I love this challenge blog, and while I don't play along every week, I often look at past sketches for inspiration.


Stampin' Up Supplies Used:
Stamps: Precious Butterflies (hostess)
Paper: Daffodil Delight CS, Perfect Plum CS, Marina Mist CS, Very Vanilla CS
Ink: Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Big Shot, Finial Press EF, Daffodil Delight seam binding (Summer Smooches promotion), 1 3/8" Circle punch, 1 1/4" Circle punch

This final card was inspired by a card that I found on Splitcoast that was made by Tessa Wise. I wanted to feature some of our retiring sets and this one uses two. The vines in the background were made with the Vintage Vogue set and the main image is made using the Awash with Flowers set. Both of these sets will be retiring on May 31st. If you would like to order either of them, please be sure to do so before that date! The color combination (Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, Old Olive) that I used on this card came from the Color Coach. As I am attempting to make my more of my own cards (or at least adding my own touches to CASEd cards like this one), the color coach has been an awesome tool. I really love using it!


Stampin' Up Supplies Used:
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Awash with Flowers, Petite Pairs
Paper: Soft Suede CS, Very Vanilla CS, Paisley Petals DSP
Ink: Soft Suede, Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, Old Olive
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note die, sponge
Technique: sponging
My inspiration: this card made by Tessa Wise

I hope you liked the cards! Please check back soon. I plan to feature more of our retiring sets in the next few weeks. To see the retiring stamp set list, please click on the button in the left sidebar. The retiring accessories list will post this Tuesday, April 25th. Those items are while supplies last, so if you see something that you want, please don't hesitate to order it before it's gone!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Marla Pin It

1 comments:

Rita W

All of them are gorgeous, Marla!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...