CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 15, 2013

FM114: Brick Wall

In my quest to do more stamping for fun this summer, I have been keeping my eye on all of the challenge blogs out there. I saw that The Friday Mashup had a really technique challenge that I hadn't tried before called "Brick Wall", so I decided to give it a try.


And here is my card (a little early since it is very fall-ish, but oh well)...


Stampin' Up Supplies Used:
Stamps: Gently Falling, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry
Accessories: Big Shot, Woodgrain EF, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Tombow Multi Liquid Glue, paper snips, sponge
Techniques: Brick Wall, 2-Step Stamping, Stamping Off, Sponging

Isn't that a cool technique? I really had fun making this card for my dad's birthday in November (provided that I can keep track of it that long). ;-)

A couple of thoughts and tips for this technique...

  • Check out the photo tutorial on Splitcoaststampers and watch the video.
  • Allow yourself some time to play. This is not the technique for those times when you have ten minutes to make a card.
  • I found that drawing the bricks on the backside of the cardstock and then cutting worked better than using the trimmer.
  • When cutting apart your stamped cardstock, do one strip at a time and immediately sponge it and glue it down. Otherwise, this will become a very tricky jigsaw puzzle.
  • I found that using liquid glue worked well because it allowed me some time to make adjustments and make sure everything was straight.
OK, I think that's all of the advice that I can offer. This is a fun one! Give it a try!
Pin It

3 comments:

Heidi Baks

This is a great fall card (my favorite!!). Love this! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Lisa

Beautiful leaves and great job mashing up the challenge!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Tara Bourgoin

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the fall theme (it's never too early for fall cards!) and the woodgrain embossing is such a lovely touch. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...