CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sweet Scoops

Happy July 4th Weekend! I thought a birthday card would be fitting for our country's birthday, so here it is! I finally got this set a couple of days ago. It is from the Summer Mini catalog and is only available until August 31st, so if you love it as much as I do, order before it's too late. I wanted this set as soon as I saw it, but I had other things that I needed to order first. I think that this set will be seeing a lot of use because I make tons of birthday cards!

The idea for this card came from one that I saw on splitcoast, but I don't remember who posted it... sorry! I used the color combo of Crumb Cake, Regal Rose and So Saffron. I made a second card using Bashful Blue in place of the Regal Rose, but it is just a little too subtle. I think I will redo it with Marina Mist when it arrives on Tuesday. I also want to try using the new Crumb Cake ink for the cone. This card also used the Square Lattice embossing folder. I think it gives the card a nice look and the pattern in it sort of reminds me of an ice cream cone.

Hope that you like this one and that all of you have a fun and safe holiday weekend! Happy Birthday, America!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Sweet Scoops, Very Versatile (retired)
Ink: Regal Rose, So Saffron
Paper: Crumb Cake CS, Regal Rose CS, Whisper White CS, Close to Cocoa CS
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, Wide Oval punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, 5/8" So Saffron Grosgrain ribbon (retired) Pin It

2 comments:

Karen

Could this look any more soft and summery!? I love the colors and the layout! Awesome!

Heidi Baks

Excellent pairing - sweet scoops and "waffle" background!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...