CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blue and Gold Baby Thank You


Hello! I hope that you are having a great weekend. Mine has been a blast! I had a card class on Friday night and there were eleven fun and fabulous ladies here andwe had a wonderful time.

My kiddos were away overnight last night, so I stayed up late and did some stamping. A friend of mine requested some baby thank you cards for her little one that is arriving this spring. She and her hubby graduated from WVU and are huge mountaineer fans, which inspired the color combo for this card. I used Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight to create the Mountaineer Blue and Gold. This is what is so nice about making your own cards- you can customize them to fit your personality!

This is a pretty quick card to make, which is the perfect type for mass production. The little baby outfit is from the level one hostess set in the Occasions mini catalog called "Slice of Life". I colored it with a blender pen in Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight ink. The card base was run through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I really liked the way this sweet little card turned out and I'm glad my friend did too!

Have a fantastic Sunday! I have more cards that I will try to get posted over the course of the week. Check back soon!

~Marla

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Slice of Life, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, 1/8" Daffodil Delight taffeta ribbon, Blender Pen
Techniques: Watercoloring with a Blender Pen Pin It

2 comments:

Karen

My alma mater's colors are blue and gold too! Univ of WI-Eau Claire. Thanks for the inspiration. I loved that you went with bold colors instead of the pastels. Very cute and original.

hollybeary creations

Cute baby cards.. I love how the match the colors of the collage what a great idea!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...