CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Still Kickin'...

Just in case you were beginning to wonder, I am still kickin'. I just haven't stamped in almost THREE WEEKS!!!! Yikes! We were away on a wonderful beach vacation for a week and then last week I was very busy catching up from vacation and getting ready for my son's sleepover party for his seventh birthday (sniff, sniff) and this week we are preparing for a family birthday party for both of my kids (their birthdays are a week apart and my daughter will be turning four this Saturday- sniff, sniff again) coming up this weekend. We are also getting ready for my son to head back to school next Monday. August is an extremely busy month at our house, so it isn't really surprising that I haven't been stamping, but I sure do miss it. Hopefully, I will get a chance to stamp again in the next day or two.

In the meantime, here is a card I made over a month ago, but never posted. My mom is also a Stampin' Up demonstrator and is in my downline. She has a club that meets once a month and if it happens that I am going to be at her house for her club meeting, I will act as the guest designer and teach a new technique to her club. She requested the inset embossing (also called inlaid or embedded embossing technique) using the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and coordinating Elegant Butterfly punch. This is what I came up with. All of her club ladies really liked it. I hope you do too!


Stampin' Up Supplies Used:
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Friendly Phrases
Paper: Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Gumball Green, Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo, Gumball Green
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Elegant Butterfly punch, Scallop Oval punch, Large Oval punch, Gumball Green ribbon, basic pearls
Techniques: Inset Embossing

I really like this bright, summery color combination and it came straight from Color Coach. If you don't have a Color Coach yet, you really need to order one... NOW! :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

~Marla Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...