CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 12, 2012

TGI... Fab Friday

As if Fridays weren't fab enough... it's time for another challenge at Fab Friday! Mindy has a color challenge for us this week. I have to admit, I struggled with this one. I love these three colors, but I had a hard time coming up with a good way to use them together, but what good is a challenge that doesn't challenge us and make us stretch our creativity a little, right? I encourage you to play along with us this week and see how you can grow creatively.


This was my take on these colors. I was inspired by a sketch that I found on Pinterest that was originally posted on the Try Stampin' on Tuesday challenge blog. It is a fun and versatile sketch.



Stampin' Up Supplies Used:
Stamps: Perfectly Penned
Ink: Midnight Muse
Paper: Midnight Muse, Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White, 2012-2014 In Color DSP stack, Summer Smooches DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Chevron EF, Holiday Collection framelits, Island Indigo ruffled ribbon

All in all, this is a very simple project, but I like the way it turned out. I'm not sure what is up with my camera lately, but I really did use Summer Starfruit (even though it looks more like Daffodil Delight in the picture).

Please be sure to pop on over to the Fab Friday blog and link up your own project using these fun colors. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

If you need a little additional inspiration, check out the blogs of my fellow design team members! They are all amazing stampers!

Mindy Backes
Cindy Beach
Jason Casper
Amanda Mertz
Brenda Myers
Jan Tink
Wendy Weixler

Pin It

5 comments:

Cindy Beach

I love your take on the colors, Marla! It's so pretty and clean. LIke you, I decided to make Starfruit the main color and it is really hard to photograph well. Great job!

Brenda Myers

Very pretty!! Love the banners!!

Brenda Myers

Very pretty!! Love the banners!!

Pam Steckman

Great job on the card! I really love that chevron EF, don't you? I want to use it all the time!

Bada-Bing Creations

I have to say I'm kind of glad it was challenging...otherwise what good would it be? :-) And I've already said it but I LOVE this! It's so fun! That star is perfect!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...