CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Freshly Made Ornament

Wow! Has it really been almost two weeks since my last post? That isn't good, but is a good indication of what my life has been like lately. The weeks are flying by and I feel like I have been running in a million directions for several weeks in a row. I'm hoping that life will start to slow down a bit, so I can do a little more stamping for fun.

I did take a few minutes to stamp this morning while my daughter, Caroline, was at preschool. It was partly for fun and partly to finish up my samples for my November Christmas buffets (I will have the choices posted tomorrow instead of today because I have one card that I want to make some changes to- sorry for the delay).

I haven't had a chance to play along at Freshly Made Sketches lately, but I really liked this week's sketch, so I decided it was time to jump back in. This is what I came up with...


Stampin' Up Supplies Used:
Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, More Merry Messages
Paper: Crumb Cake, Raspberry Ripple, Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Champagne Glimmer paper
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Perfect Plum
Accessories: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Ornament framelits, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, Perfect Plum taffeta ribbon, homemade shimmer spray

I just LOVE Christmas cards made using non-traditional colors. This color combination came straight from the color coach. I really like Raspberry Ripple and Perfect Plum and I think they work nicely together. I also love the little bit of added sparkle that the glimmer paper provides. Nothing says Christmas like a little bit of sparkle. :)

Here is the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches so you can play along too...

 
Thanks for stopping by! Please be sure to stop by tomorrow to see my November buffet choices and again on Friday to see my next card for the Fab Friday challenge.
 
~Marla






Pin It

7 comments:

LeAnne

Lovely creation! Big & bold! Thanks for playing with the FMS this week!

Rita W

Gorgeous card my friend! You are making me wish I had bought that glimmer paper AND More Merry Messages. Thanks for playing along with my sketch this week.

Ann Schach

Great color combination, Marla! I love the shimmer paper bling. Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Mandy LaCroix

Beautiful image! You did a great job - I love that ornament!

Tui Nathan

What a great card this is .... love the sparkles and love the textures!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Brum

What a fun card Marla! It's always great to see non-traditional Christmas colours! I love the added glimmer and really love that sentiment! Wishing I had bought that one! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Diane

So pretty and shimmery. Lovely card!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...