CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Butterfly Birthday


Happy Sunday, Everyone! Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Today's card is a CASE of a card I saw on splitcoast by karcher70. I thought it would be a great card to make because I just love these little butterflies and I have a bunch of red ribbon left over from the Christmas cards I made. I don't often use a lot of red, but I really like the simplicity of this card and how nicely it turned out.
My card base is Real Red cardstock and the fold is at the top of the card. I cut the butterflies out of Real Red and Whisper White cardstock using the Beautiful Wings embosslit die with my Big Shot. I adhered the red ones in a pattern on the front of the card which is Whisper White cardstock. I used a tiny bit of SNAIL adhesive right in the center of the butterflies so that I could fold the wings up slightly and give them some dimension. I then stamped the Butterfly Accent stamp from the Occasions mini catalog with Real Red classic ink and then layered the large white butterfly over the stamped image and added a rhinestone brad (from the Pretties Kit) to the center of the white butterfly. I punched the bottom of the image layer with the Scallop Border punch to dress it up a bit and stamped "Happy Birthday" from a retired set called "Very Versatile". The ribbon is 5/8" red grosgrain ribbon that is tied in a simple knot at the top of the card. I couldn't get a good picture of the inside, so I didn't post it, but I did stamp "Hope your birthday is the wish-come-true-kind" that is also from the Very Versatile set on the inside on W. White cardstock. I also adhered the largest red butterfly to the corner of the inside of the card. I have been stamping inside my cards a little more often know. I feel like it makes the card feel a little bit more finished. Do you prefer the insides of your cards to be blank or stamped?
Thanks for stopping by! This is the last card from my stamping marathon earlier this week, so I will have to come up with something new if I'm going to post again tomorrow. We'll see how it goes! Have a great day!
~Marla
Pin It

2 comments:

Karen

I love this! The color just makes it POP! I feel a CASE coming on .... THanks for Sharing!!

Jacklyn

Two of my favorite things -- butterflies and the color red -- beautiful card.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...