CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Soft Subtle Birthday

Hello! Thanks for stopping by again today! I had a few minutes to stamp this afternoon and came up with this card. I hope that you can see it well enough in the picture. The colors are very subtle and I don't know that my camera picked them up very well. Today's card is a birthday card, which I find to be my favorite type of card to make. I think this one would be great for a little girl, but could be used for a woman as well.



My card base is Pretty in Pink cardstock and over the base is a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I ran through my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka dots embossing folder, which was in the Occasions Mini catalog and will be in the new catalog that comes out on July 1st. I really like the polka dots. I think they give an otherwise plain and simple card a little something extra. The image piece is a 2 3/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White cardstock that I stamped with an image from the set called Thoughts and Prayers, which is actually a sympathy and get well stamp set, but it has some really pretty images that I find very versatile. I colored the stems of the flowers with my certainly celery Stampin' Write marker and the flowers with my Pretty in Pink marker. I then stamped the image and added the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the Well Scripted stamp set that was in the Occasions Mini (and I'm hoping will be in the new catalog) using Pretty in Pink classic ink. I sponged the edges in Pretty in Pink and layered it over a 2 7/8" x 4 1/8" piece of Certainly Celery cardstock and popped everything up with Stampin' Dimensionals.



My favorite part of the card is the bow. I made this bow using a piece of 5/8" ribbon that I got for free last year during Sale-a-Bration. This bow is called a fork bow because you use a fork to tie it. Knots and bows have been one of the most challenging things for me (I say it's because I'm left-handed, but that's probably not the real reason). Anyway, I found a tutorial on how to make these cute bows and I can't stop making them. If you would like to come to one of my classes, I can show you how they are made!



Thanks again for stopping by! I am trying to post daily (we'll see how long I keep it up!) See you tomorrow (hopefully)!



Marla Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous

Hey Marla. Welcome to the blogosphere! Your card is so pretty. The colors are perfect for a birthday card at this time of year.
hugs
jaydee

Amanda

I really like your bow! I have to practice mine all the time.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...