CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches + ColorQ

Long time no blog! Sorry about that! I was out of town visiting family and it has taken me some time to get back in the swing of things and adapt to our summer schedule. I am not yet finding our summer days to be relaxed and carefree. We seem to be doing a lot of running around and are away from the house quite a bit. It makes it difficult to fit in stamping time.

I'm trying to get back to regularly participating in challenges. I had so much fun doing them a couple of weeks ago, and to my great surprise, three out of the four cards I made received at least an honorable mention on the challenge blogs. That was a great feeling! As someone who has CASEd many projects over the years, it is good to know that I am able to come up with decent designs on my own.

Here is today's card combining the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches with the color combination at ColorQ.


Stampin' Up Supplies Used:
Stamps: Perfectly Penned
Paper: Midnight Muse, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Ink: Midnight Muse
Accessories: Big Shot, Fun Flowers die, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Boho Blossoms punch, Blossom Petals Builder punch, In Color brad, Mat pack, paper piercer

I just love this die! It is my go to die when I am struggling to come up with an idea. I don't think you can make an ugly card with it! This card is fairly simple, but it would be an excellent card to make if you needed to make several and it could be any type of card just by changing the sentiment! Love that! Anyway, hope you liked my card. Check out the two challenges and play along!





Thanks for stopping by!

~Marla
Pin It

8 comments:

Jen Mitchell

So pretty! And you're right that flower is so spectacular it shines on every card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and colourQ!

Linda Callahan

Your blue flower is lovely! Your white space really sets it off! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Sylvia

Your Get Well card is lovely, Marla, your flower is so pretty! So glad you joined us this week for the ColourQ challenge

Rachel Palmieri

Love your card Marla, but blue is my favourite colour!

kasia c.

Love how you brought the colours together. :)
That flower is wonderful!!
Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ.

Ann Schach

Beautiful card, Marla! I love the blue flower and the texture! Very clean and classy! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko

It is your go-to die for a reason! This is fantastic! Love how clean it is and you really get the pop from the blues. Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Sannes

This is so simple and lovely! You did a wonderful job pulling these colors together. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch challenge!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...