CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Year in Review (Part One)

Hello all! I'm sorry that I haven't been blogging lately. December is always a busy month as we prepare for Christmas, but this December also had several sad events for my family and they occupied my mind and my time. Stamping simply hasn't been a priority. I am very hopeful for things to turn around in 2013. I am anxious for a new year and a fresh outlook. I hope you are as well.

I decided to look back through my blog posts for the year as part of my reflection on 2012. I was reminded of the "Year in Review" post from last year and thought it would be fun to do another one. To keep this post from getting long and boring, I will post only one card for each month and break the list up into two parts. Check back tomorrow for part two.

I have to say that I am proud of where my stamping has taken me this year. Early in the year, I participated in a monthly blog hop that really helped to get me out of my comfort zone and take the leap to start designing my own projects (rather than mostly CASEing my creations). In May, I entered many stamping challenges,  and much to my great surprise, I actually won a few of them. It was a real boost to my confidence in my stamping ability. In August, I became a design team member for the Fab Friday challenge. In December, I finally took the plunge and tried my hand at My Digital Studio and loved it. It has been a good stamping year.

Without further ado, here are my favorite creations for 2012...

January
 

This card was inspired by a card that I saw on Pinterest. I love the colors and textured hearts. This was a card at my January class and man, did my Big Shot get a workout!
 
 
February
 

I made these adorable little lollipop holders for Valentine's Day. I loved the bright, non-traditional colors.

March
 

I made this little Easter treat for a workshop in March. I just loved this paper and the fact that the M&M's matched it almost perfectly made it even cuter!

April
 



 
I'll admit that this is not one of my all-time favorite cards, but I did design it myself and was proud of that fact so it still made the list. ;-) I do like the bright colors and little flower buttons.
 
May
 

May was a good stamping month, so choosing a favorite was tough. I loved everything about this card- the colors, the sketch (both from challenges), and the textures.

June
 

Love the colors and the bling on this one!

OK! That's it for part one. Stop back tomorrow to see my faves for July through December. Thanks for stopping by!

 
 



Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...